Saturday, December 19, 2009

Introduction

I'm very disappointed. I've always thought I was a Generation X-er. But after some wiki-searching last night, I discovered that I missed that title by five days. Born in the early morning of January 5, 1982, it seems I am one of the very first of a new generation called, for lack of a better term or any creativity, Generation Y. I guess this stems from Y2K, the year we first Millenials graduated from high-school. Characterized by our influence from, and on the media, we get our news on msn.com, we e-mail, we text, we have our own urls, and yes- we blog.
So, here I am, playing out my little part in the world of the next generation by blogging on my new-found obsession: canning. (Did she say canning? Like Grandma used to do?) That's right, folks. I'm bringing canning back. In a world decaying with trash and sugar, I'm here to show you how to live better by knowing exactly what's in those jars on your shelf, and re-using said jars, as well. It's easy, and it's fun- so let's get started!

1 comment:

  1. I just found out about the whole Y-er thing too! Born in 83 so I can't sneak in with the mature X-ers :)

    ReplyDelete